Monday, July 6, 2020

Gardner's Shack: Vintage Magic Kingdom Landscaping

A while back I found these images online. I have dated them from between the late '80s and early '90s. They included pictures from the Grand Floridian and the Norway Pavilion so it's at least late 1988 and I see the old Tomorrowland entrance and no Partners statue so I would guess no later than 1993. 

That said take a moment to absorb the beauty that once graced the Magic Kingdom. As beautiful as the park is today what happened to this level of love and care in the horticulture department. I am sure its because money, like everything else. but look at how much more story and atmosphere a little landscaping can add. If a little plant can add this much warmth and comfort I say it's worth it. 

Tomorrow we will look at the Epcot photos from this collection. So keep in mind what I'm talking about here with how the landscape adds to and even tells it's own story. I think you'll see it is the same case in Epcot. In a time where we have a Flower and Garden Festival that focuses on food I think it's time to go back to green thumbs and storytelling.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment