Wednesday, April 22, 2020

April 22 2020 - A lot to Celebrate!


Today is a great day to celebrate! Sure we are are all going crazy as we sit in lock down due to the Covid-19 pandemic. But today is a very special day for many reasons.

Happy Birthday Animal Kingdom!
Animal Kingdom turns 22 today. Being the first park I worked at Animal Kingdom has always held a special place in my heart and I always look forward to celebrating it's creation and the impact and message it shares with the world.


50th Anniversary of Earth Day!
Why did Animal Kingdom open on April 22? Because it's earth day! A great day when plants and trees are blooming after a long winter to really look at and appreciate Mother Nature. Living a rural wood portion of our great land I plan on taking in some of that beauty today just by looking out my window. In fact as i'm writing this we have a light frost on the ground and two rabbits are grazing on grass about 15 feet in front of me.


25th Anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund!
What a great Idea! When Walt planed on building Walt Disney World he always planed on having a large area set a side for conservation. Later Disney would give it's guest the chance to meet some of these wonders of nature up close on Discovery Island. And then in 1995 with Animal Kingdom already in the works the Disney Company took it a step further by creating the Disney Conservation Fund. In the past 25 years Disney with the help of all of us who have donated has raised over a $100 million and protected over 315 million acres of habitat Plus it's helped to save 1,000 species world wide.


On A Personal Note
Today is a special day in my family as well. Today is my mom's birthday. A wonderful woman that gives everything she can for everyone she knows. A more selfless and caring person in my opinion does not exist. She is also one of the main contributors to my Disney obsession and for that I can't thank her enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment